Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Catering

So, four days away is my first and at least in the near future, last catering gig.  I can't wait until it's over to be quite honest.  I fully intended to do the grocery shopping for it today and spend the next 3 days cooking.  However, since it is 1:40 pm and I have not even gotten ready for the day yet, let alone printed my shopping list, it's not looking like it's going to happen.  I'll just do it tomorrow. 

The menu (tapas):

1) Lobster Broth
2) Lobster Salad sandwiches (had to use up all the meat to get the bodies for the soup)
3) Tomato Tart with Olive Tapenade in Phyllo
4) Chicken Empanaditas
5) Jalapeno Peppers with Bacon & Cheese/ Sweet Peppers with cheese
6) Mixed Fruit/Cheese
7) Chocolate Brownie Bites & Cheesecake Bites

Which reminds me, I haven't even gotten the recipes out for the desserts and might want to do that before I head off to the store tomorrow. None of these recipes are my own.  I sort of  idol worship Thomas Keller, and so the first 3 are mostly his.  The rest are a collection of Williams Sonoma, Pioneer Woman, Southern Living, and something I ate at party recently that I asked how to make and have therefore copied.  I never claimed to be original.

No comments:

Post a Comment