Friday, November 18, 2011

4 week update

Well, we are in the 4th week of the experiment, and so I thought an update might be in order.  I've actually been doing pretty good keeping up with it.  I'll just start off confessing, again, all of my shortcomings.  I ran out of apricots a while back and so I thought I'd try dates.  I don't love them.  So while I have choked down a few I'm coming up short there.  Why, you ask did I just not buy some more apricots?  To be truthful, I don't know exactly.  I *think* I have a disease that was either caused by or encouraged by my short-lived career as an inventory manager, but I have food-inventory-management issues.  For some reason, until the dates have been consumed, I cannot bring myself to buy apricots because then there would be two opened cans of dried fruit in my refrigerator.  I know it's neurotic.  Point being in all of this that I skimped on the dried fruit.  Ok.  The spinach I have managed to stay up on, for the most part, believe it or not.  My husband is totally burned out on spinach salad, and I am quickly reaching that point. There have been a couple of days that I just had salad and not spinach salad, but those were only a few. The coffee I've been doing really well on, although I did have to make an exception on Wednesdays. I was unfortunately falling asleep in the middle of the BSF lecture.  I could almost make it, but then the last 15 minutes was like college all over again. I'd come home with a whole page of illegible notes that looked like I had written them while drunk because I was mostly asleep, but still trying to write.  So I started having coffee on Wednesday mornings.  An aside (as if there weren't already enough of those):  I love Starbucks.  I think I first started to love them several winters ago over a Peppermint Latte.  I had tried to resist because I don't like jumping on bandwagons, but I caved that winter.  Our relationship has progressed over the years through the Mocha, Caramel Macchiatos and Salted Hot Chocolate.  More recently the Salted Caramel Mocha and now the Peppermint Mocha.  I love you all.  end aside.  Ok, so those were the dietary things - the unfortunate things that I did not foresee occuring during this experiment were : 1) A trip to the dentist.  Why oh why does the hygenist have to practically rip the flesh off of my gums while cleaning my teeth?  2) I ran out of my toothpaste.  I used a SLS free substitute for a few days, but it was not the same.  3) I got sick.  I think because I was just run down, not a true bug or anything, but I didn't feel like eating much for about 2 days and ran a fever until I finally just went to sleep and rested for a little bit.  

All of that to say, that I do in fact have sores in my mouth.  Hang on let me go count them.... I think there are only 3 or 4 and only one of them is on my tongue.  So it's actually not so bad right now.  And I think this experiment has convinced me that my diet has something to do with it.  SO, I have to have coffee.  That's all there is to it.  If I don't have coffee I have days like yesterday, which I won't get into in detail right now, but it was full of excitement, cleaning of my children's bodily functions, and culminating in a very unfortunate haircut that my daughter decided to give herself after which I completely overreacted.  I need the coffee.  So I am seriously considering going to a Homeopath.  I believe they know what they are doing and that the treatments work, and I'm hoping they can offer some relief.  My husband tells me I've been drinking the Kool-aid.  Maybe I should just drink Kool-aid instead of coffee. 

1 comment:

  1. There's caffeinated adult koolaide like Propel and Crystal light. :-)

    ReplyDelete