Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Hospital Salon

There is a very well kept secret that is known as the Hospital Salon.  I'm not sure why it's a secret, but not very many people seem to know about it.  It's actually a cute little place where they do your hair, cut, shampoo, put rollers in it if your inclined to do such a thing, give you pedicures, manicures, etc.  It's non-profit; that is all of the money that would be "profit" goes to the hospital.  I was questioning the lady on their clientel, and she said that most of the people that come to see her actually come from outside of the hospital.  I would never have even thought of coming to the hospital to get my toes done.  However, now that I know it goes for a good cause, I might have to have my every-other-year pedicure done here from now on.  She did a pretty nice job; I will say though that there weren't many color selections (although I found one that I liked), so if you try it out and are particular, bring your own polish.  I fully intend to have my hair put up in rollers just for the fun of it if I am here past the two month mark.  I figure by that time, I'll be pretty nuts anyway, and so it won't really be out of character. 

As for the rest of the day, I had more visitors!  Some visitors brought games, and we sat and played a few rounds of Bananagrams, which is a neat little Scrabble type game.  Fortunately I had practiced, sort of, by playing Scrabble last night, so I was up for the challenge.  It just took me a round to get warmed up is all. 

In between phone calls, pedicures and visitors, I graded some papers. This time I was actually grading some short answers, and I think it's kind of fun.  I would elaborate, but it probably violates some unspoken teacher-student privacy code of some sort.

Well, I'm tired and it's late, so I'm going to bed.  And just in case you were wondering, I did win the Scrabble game.  It was close.  He was winning by 1 point and got stuck with the J. 

No comments:

Post a Comment