Monday, December 27, 2010


Now that Christmas is over, and I've got all of R's tests graded, I feel like all of the items on my "to do list" that had deadlines are completed.  This means that I'm less motivated to complete most of the other items on my to do list.  In fact, I sort of feel silly even calling it a to do list. Everything that is on it I would normally find recreational:  Reading, Online shopping (or at least researching future purchases), Sudoku puzzles, and Knitting. That's what's left.  I sort of feel purposeful in looking at bunk beds, because sometime in the near future, we're going to have to rearrange (well not we, R and someone else) the furniture.  But before we can do anything we have to find a spot to store a queen size bed currently in our guestroom.  So that's the most pressing thing, and let's be honest, it's not pressing at all.   We've got like 2 months on that one.  But I feel useful and it's fun planning, so I've been putting a lot of energy into it. 

Other than that, for the last 2 days anyway, I've been knitting.  I think it's been about 5 years since I actually knit anything.  I'm sort of enjoying it, except that the project that I picked to start with (a scarf) was chosen merely because of the colors of yarn and needle sizes that I had.  So I'm not that into what I'm making, and I forgot how long it takes to do this.  However, it's going to be a really pretty scarf if I finish it.  I was calculating the other day, based on the number of inches I was able to knit, that it should take me at least a month to finish it.  Since I fully intend to do other, cuter, projects as soon as I get some other needles and yarn (which should be coming sometime in the future), I may not actually finish it.  And that would be fine. 

On another, totally unrelated topic, someone had asked me about having to be on oxygen.  I am on oxygen.  I have a nasal cannula that I wear off and on during the day.  They just want to get it a little more concentrated in my blood stream to help out B.  So I sleep with it on (it falls out occasionally) and then I try to wear it during the day.  But I take it out to eat, and when the kids come up, and every time I go to the bathroom.  Sometimes I forget to put it back in.  It's totally drying out my sinuses, even with the humidifier and saline spray that they gave me, and it's rubbed a sore in my left nostril, so I'm not a big fan of it right now.  It is about a thousand times better though, than being on an IV, which I am not, but was the first 3 days I was here.  It made me swell up like that blueberry girl from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. 

No comments:

Post a Comment